Posted by Norma Garza on Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:03 AM By Norma Garza / October 16, 2020 Comment
Top 5 Ways to Increase Your Credit Score in 1 Month.
1. Check your credit report. You qualify to get a free copy of your credit report from each of the reporting agencies once a year. Visit annualcreditreport.com Look for errors that lower your credit score and take action to correct them. Review the negative factors in the report and work on improving them, such as paying bills on time or reducing debt.
2. Pay your bills on time. Set up automatic payments using your bank's bill pay service or sign up for e-alerts from your credit card company if you sometimes have trouble paying bills before they are due.
3. Pay off any collections. Paying off a collection will increase your score, but be aware that the record of debt having gone into collections will stay on your credit report for 7 years.
4. Get caught up on past-due bills. If you missed a payment, get it current as soon as you can. A missing payment can lower your score by as much as 100 points. It may take some time for this black mark to fade away from your credit report, but take heart: Your credit score usually depends more on your most recent activity than on past credit problems.
5. Keep balances low on your credit cards. A common rule of thumb is to keep the balance at or below 10% on each line of credit to improve your credit score. A balance close to or over the limit will significantly reduce your credit score.
Post a Comment
To post a comment about this blog entry, click here.