6 Tips To Help You Sell This Spring
Here are six tips to help you sell your home for top dollar this spring.
Are you thinking of selling your home this spring? March, April, and May are the most popular months for sellers, and for good reason. However, this means you’ll have more competition. That’s why today I want to share six easy tips to get your house ready to sell this spring:
1. Declutter your home. This is the first thing people notice when they walk into your space. Buyers are looking for a clean house, and you never get a second chance at a good first impression, so make sure your property is as clean as possible before you list.
2. Paint your interior. Painting is cheap, easy, and goes a long way. If you have crazy red or pink walls, simply paint over them. For a long time, gray was the most popular color, but now it’s looking like white will be big this spring.
3. Get your carpets cleaned. This tip is especially important if you have animals. We don’t usually notice our smells, but buyers will. For some, odd smells can be an immediate deal-breaker, so take the time to make your home smell as neutral as possible.
"First impressions are everything in real estate."
4. Pressure-wash the exterior of your house. Often, a good pressure wash will make your home look freshly painted. One of the first things buyers notice is your front door. If you pressure-wash, your door will be sparkling clean, and your buyer will start their showing on the right foot.
5. Have your windows cleaned. Make sure you clean both the insides and outsides. This will let in more light and make everything else look crisp.
6. Landscaping. This should be the last thing you do before you put your home on the market. My team believes that black mulch will make your property pop in online photos, but if you don’t want to go that far, at least trim your greenery so that the front of your house looks inviting.
If you have questions about today’s topic or anything else, please call or email me. Also, if you want more help selling your home, check out my staging company, Honey Bee Staging. I look forward to hearing from you!